1. Russian River Register (RRR) performs classification and survey of ships in accordance with the requirements specified in international Agreements of Russian Federation, Guidelines for Classification and Survey of Ships and the Rules specified in p. 2 of Clause 35 of the Code of Inland Water Transport of Russian Federation. The above Rules specify the requirements for the ships listed in p. 3, their components, materials and products when designing, manufacturing, refitting, repairing and constructing.
2. The purpose of classification and survey of the ships is the performance of works (rendering services) on evaluation of compliance of ships, materials and products intended for installation onboard the ships, organizations which design, manufacture, modernize, refit and repair the ships as well as products and materials for ships, with the Rules.
3. The requirements of the Rules are applicable to the ships subject to official registration as well as to the products and materials for the ships except for small craft used for non-for-profit purposes. The requirements of the Rules are also applicable to passenger ships, tankers, pushboats, tugboats, ice breakers and industrial ships of overall length less than 20 m. The requirements of the Rules are not applicable to small craft, pleasure ships, sports sailing ships, military and border-security ships, ships with nuclear power units, floating drill rigs and other floating facilities. However, the River Register develops and issues corresponding regulations and other standards being part of the Rules for particular types of ships (small craft used for commercial purposes, pleasure and sports sailing ships, ekranoplans etc.) and other floating facilities (pontoon bridges etc.).
Other RRR activities
Highly qualified staff, wide network of branch offices and representatives in Russian Federation allow RRR to provide a full range of the following services quickly and reliably in any region of Russian Federation:
1. flaw detection (of the hull, ship’s elements, machinery, cable lines);
2. development of design and engineering (technical) documentation, projects of conveyance of ships beyond the assigned navigation area, analysis of ships compliance with RRR Rules;
3. performing of calculations (capacity of ships, endurance as regarding ecological safety, strength and stability estimation, freeboard calculations, torsional vibrations calculations);
4. heeling tests;
5. development of technical documentation for shaftings;
6. thermotechnical monitoring of internal combustion engines;
8. voluntary certification of products, works and services, quality management systems;
9. consideration, approval, examination of the documentation for licensing, standards, technical conditions and other normative documents for the materials not covered by the List of Objects of Technical Supervision carried out by RRR and for the services (works), whose results are not taken into account in the scope of classification activity;
10. information and advisory services;
11. using of ships owned by RRR Branch Offices for the needs of ship owners and agent companies;
12. participation in commissions (for certification of welders, inspections of ships etc.);
13. granting the right to use software owned by RRR;
14. providing the information of the "Fleet" database of ships classed by RRR and the Register Book;
15. distribution of the Russian River Register Rules and updates thereto.